Freedom

Home Forums Prayer Requests Freedom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    wnccumm
    Keymaster

“So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed Him, ‘If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.’” – John 8:31-32, 34-36

“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” – Galatians 5:1

Christ came to “destroy the works of the devil,” (I John 3:8) and to give His people abundant life (John 10:10). We are born as slaves to sin (Romans 6:20) and seek from our Lord and Savior deliverance from our innate evil (Romans 7:21-25). Make no mistake: part of the purpose of the Christian life is to be set free from the sinful attitudes, inclinations, and behaviors that serve only to keep us from becoming the people we were created and redeemed to be. Sin is the enemy and Christ the victor. He has defeated death (the ultimate end of all sin) and is the only one with the power to remove it from your life. To love Christ is to hate sin. To hate sin is to trust Christ for your freedom from it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Freedom
Your information: